Sunday 29 June 2014

BOOKS: Lindsey Kelk - About A Girl

One thing that you may not know about me is that I am such a book worm. I can remember at school we had to write 4 words to describe ourselves and I put bookworm and my tutor was completely confused until my best friend at the time, told him that I always had my head in a book. There's something about reading that I love, getting lost in characters and escaping your own world for a while. But I also love books that you can relate to and you can see yourself in characters or your friends in characters, to me that's what makes a good book as the characters seem much more realistic.
Recently, I read Lindsey Kelk's - About A Girl. I was already a fan of Lindsey Kelk's after reading the entire I Heart series. About A Girl follows the story of Tess Brook who's life isn't going to plan and so when she answers her flatmate's phone decides that since being herself isn't doing so well she'll try being Vanessa, accepting her Photography assignment.

The book is incredibly funny, like most of Lindsey's books. Tess is such a realistic character, I saw myself in her so much which is probably one of the reasons why I loved the book so much. Its an easy read, so if you're just trying to get back into reading this is definitely one to look out for. It's also just a great pick me up book, I found myself laughing and crying at this book, so be prepared for a range of emotions. I seriously cannot wait for the second part to be released What A Girl Wants on the 17th July. Sorry if the review isn't brilliant but I don't want to give too much away and ruin the story for you. But honestly, it's definitely worth a read if you like chick flick's and beach reads.

Have you read any of Lindsey Kelk's books before? What did you think?
Follow me on Bloglovin' for all my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment